What will you learn from this site?
The Ecology of School Readiness Lab presents to you the Conversation Compass. By navigating through this site, you will:
- become familiar with the Conversation Compass instructional approach
- have access to lesson planning tools that will help you guide your classroom conversations
- be able to purchase the Conversation Compass Workbook and be connected to the online course
- have the opportunity to ask questions and share your thoughts
- learn about the creator of this strategy, Dr. Stephanie M. Curenton
How will this approach enhance your classroom?
The Conversation Compass approach strives to foster high-quality language learning and better teacher-to-child and peer-to-peer communication. High-quality classroom conversations can help a child:
- build their problem-solving skills,
- foster critical thinking,
- describe their thoughts and emotions,
- be prepared for kindergarten.